A PCGS Silver Eagle is an American Silver Eagle coin that has been graded by the Professional Coin Grading Service, perhaps the most prestigious third-party grading service in the world. The Professional Coin Grading Service established a grading standard 25 years ago that is now universal.
This grading standard is so respected by industry professionals and collectors that coins graded by PCGS have realized record prices within the marketplace. Because it has been independently graded, a PCGS silver eagle is purchased more often by experienced collectors because of the trust and peace of mind that the grade provides.
When an American Silver Eagle has been evaluated using the PCGS Grading Scale it becomes known as a PCGS Silver Eagle.
These PCGS certified coins are given a grade ranging from 1 to 70, with a PCGS MS-70 Silver Eagle as being considered “perfect.” The grade below the MS-70, the MS-69, is also very popular and highly sought after as well.
Specifications for the PCGS Silver Eagle:
These absolutely stunning, popular coins are made to exact specifications that are certified by the U.S. Mint and verified as authentic during PCGS grading. They were first produced in 1986 and have been offered yearly since then.
Each PCGS Silver Eagle:
• Each coin weighs exactly 1 ounce (31.103 grams).
• It is 1.598 inches (40.60 mm) in diameter with a width of .177 inches (2.98 mm).
• I is $ 1 legal tender in the United States.
• It contains .999 ounces of pure silver (31.072 grams).
• It is struck on the obverse with the Walking Liberty image designed by Adolph Weinman.
• Is struck on the reverse with a heraldic eagle reminiscent of the United States Shield.
Six Great Reasons to Buy PCGS Silver Eagle coins:
The American Silver Eagle is thought to be one of the most beautiful coins that has been minted in the last century and its stunning beauty is one of the key factors in the high demand for this coin.
Demand for these coins has led to consistently higher prices, a trend which most financial experts think will continue for the foreseeable future.
Here are six of the most common reasons for purchasing PCGS Silver Eagles:
• The PCGS label on any coin capsule is deemed authoritative, a guarantee that the coin is truly as good as PCGS grades it to be.
This is an asset for the value and salability of a PCGS Silver Eagle.
• The rare beauty of the American Silver Eagle is celebrated by coin collectors – each one is a beautiful work of art.
• PCGS Silver Eagles are certified by the U.S. Mint as the official silver bullion coin.
• The ongoing trend in precious metals is toward much higher prices, a pattern most experts believe will continue.
• Investors are realizing an excellent Return On Investment (ROI) with PCGS Silver Eagle coins.
• Current demand is outstripping supply – a clear indication for savvy investors to buy.
The PCGS Silver Eagle has been a favorite among serious investors and collectors for more than 25 years because of its beauty and the investment opportunity it represents. Should you decide to sell a PCGS Silver Eagle, the PCGS grade will cause potential buyers to take the coin’s quality seriously, producing a better price for you at sale. More generally, the PCGS is affordable enough for any investor to purchase and the same excellent rate of return is available to all.
Every indication in the current market is that silver prices in general as well as the specific value of the PCGS Silver Eagle will continue to rise handsomely, making it a popular buy for educated collectors and investors.